Outreach materials for the Khmer-speaking Community: Report, Handout, Poster and Brochure
- PRINT READY
- KHMER BROCHURE Size: 10.935 MB File Type: PDF
- POSTER KHMER 11 BY 17 Size: 13.242 MB File Type: PDF
- POSTER WITH TEAR OFF Size: 13.372 MB File Type: PDF
- TEAR OFF Size: 0.187 MB File Type: PDF
- KHMER BROCHURE Size: 1.3 MB File Type: PDF
- POSTER KHMER 11 BY 17 Size: 0.722 MB File Type: PDF
- POSTER KHMER WITH TEAR OFF Size: 0.763 MB File Type: PDF
- HANDOUT Size: 2.551 MB File Type: PDF
- REPORT Size: 3.758 MB File Type: PDF
The Know the Signs suicide prevention campaign team implemented a variety of activities to facilitate the adaptation of suicide prevention materials for the Khmer-speaking community in California. The process included a partnership with The Cambodian Family to assist with the language adaptation and a focus group to guide the development of the materials and to gain insights on the population’s cultural perspectives on suicide prevention efforts and effective approaches to reach potential helpers in the Khmer-speaking community. This report also includes demographic information, notes from a suicide prevention workshop as well as information about the partnership with The Cambodian Family for the distribution of customized materials in Orange County. The Appendix includes a translation of the materials.
One report is provided:
- Full workgroup Report: KTS Materials for the Khmer-speaking Community
Cultural Handout: KTS Materials for the Khmer-speaking Community
The handout provides a brief overview of the language adaptation and design process, as well as information about the community partners that were part of the process. Community partners included The Cambodian Family in Orange County and Pacific Asian Counseling Services in Los Angeles County.
Suicide Prevention Outreach Materials for the Khmer-speaking Community*
Poster (In Khmer)
This poster has been designed to reach helpers in the general community. Two versions are provided for download: a low resolution version suitable for electronic distribution and a print ready version.
Poster with tear-off (In Khmer)
This poster has been designed to reach helpers in the general community and features a 5 x 3.5” tear-away card. When no tear-away card is attached, the poster features the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You are welcome to use your own local vendor to customize and print these, but here is one possible vendor who can customize the tear-off pad:
Allegra San Diego
Brochure (Bilingual in English and Khmer)
This 8-panel brochure provides information about warning signs, how to find the words to offer support to someone and a link to the campaign website for national and local resources. The final size of the printed, folded brochure is 4” x 9”. The brochure features the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, but also has room on the “Reach Out” panels to include a sticker or stamp with local resource information. Two versions are provided: a low resolution version suitable for electronic distribution and a print ready version.
*customized materials for Orange and Los Angeles Counties also available upon request.
The materials can be downloaded in two formats: print ready files and electronic files. The electronic files can be shared via email and printed on your home or office computer. The print ready files can be submitted to outside printers, such as Kinkos.
- Poster Khmer 11 by 17 Electronic Version
- Poster Khmer 11 by 17 with Tear Off Electronic Version
- Khmer Brochure Electronic Version
Print Ready Files
- Poster Khmer 11 by 17 Print Ready
- Poster Khmer 11 by 17 with Tear Off Print Ready
- Khmer Brochure Print Ready